Sunday, December 30, 2012

What Christmas Means to Me

The longer I live and the more mistakes I make, the more I love my savior, Jesus Christ. He has overcome sin and death. I have taken advantage of His forgiveness of sin endlessly. It's profound and humbling. It has brought me closer to Him.

I have taken for granted the other part of Christ's sacrifice...the overcoming of death. Yes, I've always known it, but I suppose it hadn't mattered so much to me before.

This Christmas, my eyes wept with gratitude for the baby born in a manger that made this:



into nothing more than a stepping stone to eternity. 

There is a huge giant sculpture of an old woman walking through a veil and emerging into Christ's arms as a young woman. My mother loved the sculpture. My father planned on getting her a crystal replica for Christmas  Instead, my sister gave it to my dad for his Christmas. 

I believe in Christ. I am grateful for His sacrifice that allows every one to live again. I'll see you again, Mom. Not as soon as I would like, but I will see you again. 





O, death, where is thy sting? O, grave, where is thy victory?
1 Corinthians 15:55


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, Lara. Beautiful.

MindySue said...

I'm sure my children think I'm crazy, sitting here at the computer sobbing. Your mother was and always will be a warm and loving person. She will be missed. I've been thinking of you and I hope that things are getting better. The pain will never go away, but I hope that you are, I guess, coping with it better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here