Sunday, January 6, 2013

Joci's World 2


I was tucking Joci into bed, anxious to get her settled so I could get on with a child-free evening. I sang three songs, told a story, and all that. As I was getting ready to leave, Joci kept saying, "Mom! Mom. Mo-om."

"What?" I asked, a little exasperated.

"You need to be patient and just lay by me."

How can you resist that? The Big Bang Theory can wait five more minutes.

****************************

We were camping and Joci noticed a yellow moon shining through the trees.

"The moon is stuck in the trees!"

"Yes it is."

"We need it get it down!" she said, concerned.

I always think it's best to let kids come up with their own solutions. "How should we do that, Joci?" I asked.

"I know," she said confidently. "I will turn into a cow and then I will jump over the moon."

*****************************

"Everyone has a bum....And clothes....And a closet."

*****************************

One morning we were going to go out to breakfast together after I took Noelle to daycare. I explained this to Joci. "I will drop Noelle off and then we'll go."

"No, Mom! You don't drop Noelle!"

****************************

Another literal interpretation. One day when picking the girls up at daycare, as always, I told Joci to wait on the sidewalk while I got her sister taken care of.

"Stay here while I put Noelle away in the car."

"No! She is not a toy! You don't put her away!"

***************************

We were leaving our ward Halloween party, and Joci was reluctant to go because she was having so much fun. She sat down on the grass and rested her cheeks in her hands (so dramatic!) and said, "Are you kidding me?"

We laughed so hard. We kept asking her the same thing, "Are you kidding me?"

She would say stuff like, "Are you kidding my mom?"

So then Justin asked, "Are you kidding my wife?"

And then Joci retorted, "Are you kidding my life?"

We laughed so hard and that saying has stuck. Now everything is answered with a cheeky, "Are you kidding my life?"

**************************

We were driving in the car in the dark. Joci had some books she was trying to read. She asked me to turn the light on. I explained that I couldn't, I needed the light off to drive in the dark. Then she pertinently said, "You ruined my life!" She went on and on about that until a passing car shone it's headlights on her book. Then she was happy (even though the light was only there for a split second). I asked her if I had ruined her life anymore. "No, my life isn't ruined anymore. Just a couple minutes were ruined."

**************************



1 comment:

Frederick Family said...

Where does she come up with these things? Too funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here